Saturday, November 15, 2008

365 days. 52 weeks. 12 months. 1 year.

It's amazing to look at all the things that can happen in one year. ..I can't believe how much I will have changed in two. Since November 15, 2007 I have...

-Had a brother marry (and in return gotten a wonderful new sister-in-law)
-Gone to a Spice Girls concert
-Went to Vegas with my best friends
-Made a complete fool of myself
-Been in two plays
-Met one of my best friends Rosie
-Discovered ninesquare and dodgeball
-Written two songs I absolutely love
-Had my first kiss
-Felt important
-Cried a lot
-Smiled a lot
-Laughed like there was no tomorrow
-Tried out for the basketball team
-Seen one of my best friends from Illinois
-Had a best friend move to Virginia
-Had my cousin and other friends leave on missions

There's more, I know there is, but it's amazing to think that a year ago I wasn't wrapped up in all the things I am today. It's crazy to think that I didn't have to worry about writing missionaries in Japan or that the highschool drama really doesn't matter and even though sometimes things are hard....you'll get over it!


A year ago today we were awaiting the marriage of my brother Tyler to Becca T Warthen. She's amazing. I had a blast when I went to visit them this summer. I can't imagine having better sisters-in-law than the two I have. I love Becca with all my heart and admire her in all the things she does. Living in Philly wouldn't be easy. Especially when your husband goes to one of the top schools in the country and you're surrounded by people who are....extremely smart so you may feel..a little out of place. I love her for standing up for what she believes in and for being a patriot to the United states. She loves this country more than life its self and I love her with everything I have. I wish there were some way to show my gratitude for her, but nothing I ever do will convey the feelings of love I have towards her and the difference she makes in other's lives.

A year ago today I anxiously waited to be in the car driving to Vegas where I'd spend December 6-9 with my the best friends in the entire world. We always had an obsession with the Spice Girls, so when we heard they were having a reunion tour we put our names into a drawing hoping to get lucky. We never thought we'd actually get the tickets, but we did!! We had such a blast! We went all around Vegas and then went to the concert. We went swimming OUTSIDE even though it was December...and even thought it was Vegas...it was still too cold for swimming. We had fun taking model pictures and making fun of the T.V. shows they had playing for little kids and we started dancing like Goofy. (the dog...or at least I think that's what he is...) We all stood outside this fountain (in the mpicture above) and made a wish for the future. I still haven't told anyone my wish..but it definitely did come true. ..and not too long after. Maybe dreams really do come true if we just hope it, think it, and have enough faith in it.


A year ago today I wasn't friends with one of the best friends I've ever had. Rosie is so amazing because I can go crying to her about anything and she won't make me feel like a complete idiot because I'm crying about that specific thing. She'll sit and listen to me and be sincere in trying to help me feel better. I love having that. I don't have to worry about annoying the crap out of her because I'm complaining about the same thing over and over again. She truly doesn't care. And that's one of the best qualities a friend can have. The ability to listen and be there.

I could say so much more, but I have to go eat. I'll continue this post later! Peace out chubs

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh baby baby baby! I love you so much!!!!!!

Missy Johnson said...

I also love Becca.
And I love you.

Woot!

Becca said...

nat, you're so adorable!! thank you! :) i love you too and can't wait to see you!

vern said...

hi nat!! i loved your post and a i actually know who the people your talking about are hahah well not really rosie but she was cool and funny last year during the play ( if you happen top read this rosie.. im that one brunette who was in the play last year that hung out with the blonde audrey... dont know what else to say but yeah if ya remember me haha) so yeah i loved the post