Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thank you for the water






Have you ever tried to describe the taste of water? Water is SO GOOD! I love it! Whenever I drink it (especially when I'm really thirsty) it tastes so refreshing and wonderful! But.. it's kinda hard to describe it's taste. Haha, I don't know. I just can't really do it. To me it tastes plain and..like water. Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to describe water during hard moments of my life. I feel things so deeply and so passionately and yet.. I can't express my feelings the way I feel them. Sometimes it's because I'm not necessarily supposed to feel the way I do. Therefore, if I show how I feel or tell others how I feel I get punished for it. Sometimes I really, truly, just can't explain how I feel. It seems impossible.

I know everyone's going to do this because Thanksgiving's coming up, but I want to write about some things I'm thankful for. Starting with....

MISSY!!! Haha, I know I've written about her before but I have to write about her agian. I love her to pieces. I love her THIS MUCH *stretching arms out as wide as I can* The example she sets to me is the best example I could hope for from an older sister. We didn't enjoy eachother's company much when we were younger, but now every time she comes home I jump and shout for joy...literally. Haha! I remember when I was little I was always so scared to go to sleep because I always had nightmares so I'd ask her if I could have a sleepover with her. I remember trying to stay up and talk to her about my first through ninth grade crushes when I slept in there, but she'd always say "okay Nat, time to go to sleep." Then the next time I came in for a sleepover she said "Okay, you can sleep here, but if you come in here we're going to sleep, not talking!" Hahaha! Oh wow. Now I still go have sleepovers with her sometimes, but instead of being across the hall, I get to go a whole hour away from home to P-town and have a party! Thank you, Missy, for being an example to me. Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for teaching me to keep highschool drama out of my life as much as possible. Thank you for teaching me how to keep pushing. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for being Mike's girlfriend. Thank you for living somewhat close to home. Thank you for being my sister! :-D


TYLER AND BECCA! I feel as if I'm repeating myself because I JUST wrote something on how much I love Becca, but I'm so thankful for having a brother and sister as amazing and sincere as Tyler and Becca are. Becca is just a happy, bright, fun person to be around. Not to mention she has one of the most beautiful voices known to the world. Ever. The end! But she also provides someone to talk to whenever you need it. Becca and I slept in the same bed the same night we met! Haha, I guess that's why we're so close. ;-) OH! And she was wearing my shoes on her first date with Tyler. (Missy borrowed them from me who then lent them to her and then when she saw me she said "I promise I didn't steal these, your sister let me borrow them!" Hahaha, as if I really cared :D) Tyler is probably the single smartest and one of the most spiritual people I've ever met in my entire life. He is one of the only guys I can trust with my "guy problems" and he helps me with genuine kindness. Tyler and Becca both love me and want to protect me from anything that would potentially make me sad (even if that means telling me someone's a manipulative jerk when I don't want to hear it, haha) Ty and Becca, I love you guys, and thank you so much for everything! I only wish you lived closer!!



DAVE AND KRISTIN!...AND PATTEN!
Yay for another amazing sister-in-law and the cutes nephew in the entire world! Dave and I were super close before he left on his mission. I remember we had this saying-- I think it was something he taught me when I was really little. Whenever we did something good or did a job well done we said "Thumbs up dude!!" And then stick both our thumbs up. Haha, also, I remember one Christmas morning, he gave me...something (I don't even remember what it was) but it was in a box. When I took the paper off the box I looked down at it, got extreamly excited and said "IT'S A BOX!!!! THANK YOU!!" ...I guess I really liked boxes or something. I still remember the first time I met Kristin. She and Dave were going to the Red Iguana for dinner, and they just stopped by the house for directions or something and Dave introduced us. I loved her! Even from just the little bit we said to eachother. I LOVED HER! And then I became so happy to be around her and treated her like my real big sister. If you know me..you know I'm an extremely cuddly person so when I started treating her like my sister I started cuddling with her a lot and...I'm sure she just loved it! Ahh!! Cute little PINTO! I love him to death! Whenever I need something to cheer me up I just have Dave and Kristin bring him over. I love all you guys!

As terrifying as this is, I don't have a picture of my parents together on here...except one, but my mom would kill me if I put it up because she's in her nighty. Anyway... I love my parents so much! I love my parents because they help me. They love me. They love me even when I make wrong choices. They love me when I yell and scream in their faces. They love me when I'm talking about stupid boy trouble. They love me when I say rude things about my family that I don't mean. They're supportive and..oh did I mention they love me? From endless sessions of Hair cut Lady to watching Pixar movies over and over, I love my parents always and forever.
I love technology
But not as much as you you see!
But I still love technology!
Always and forever!!

There's a little somthin' for dad :)



I know this is a picture of the Oakland temple, but it..represents what I'm trying to say. I am so thankful for seminary. Some of my most favorite spiritual expirences have happened within the walls of the East high seminary building. One particular occasion was at the beginning of this year. We listened to the words of Elder McKonkie (Sp?) 's final address as we watched a video of the atonement and Christ being nailed to the cross. It was an amazing thing for me. Something I really needed to hear/see at the time and something I will never forget. Seminary helps me in SO many ways! I love it with all my heart.

Happy Thanksgiving all! Peace out chubs! :D

3 comments:

vern said...

you are sooooooo random but that is such a cool anology do yo umind if i use your water analogy in one of my inspiring talks for church one of these days??? hahha hye i know i dont really know yo usisters ...or brothers but they seem like really cool people and i have becca as a friend on facebook because i met her like ....ohyeah only once but i want to meet her agian hahah she was funny hahahha and your brother :) your soo sweet to write about your blessings and i share your love for sem cus its my favortie period of the day!!

Missy Johnson said...

Oh Natalie!
I love you too!
See you tomorrow!

PS - Thanks!

Audrey said...

That was a very sweet post natalie. I love you.