Sunday, February 15, 2009

Junior Prizzle

So...last night turned out to be a lot...different than I expected it to be. I guess lets just start at the beginning and I'm sure you'll be able to tell where things went...sort of unplanned.

For our day activity we went paintballing!!! FUN! It was such a blast but extremely painful. As we all flooded into the small front room we each took turns stepping up to the counter to pay for ourselves and our dates. Sometimes I don't think..proactively and this was one of those times. I brought 50$ because I knew it would cost 50$. I definitely forgot about the tax that might be added to that 50$ cost and consequently ended up paying for 3 dollars and 43 cents in change. I felt my face flush red as I counted out the money and Jackson stood there watching me. I felt really...cool. Anyway, we left Paintball Addicts with welts and bruises awaiting a fun night at GTC (The gymnastics trining center) and the dance.

When I got home from paintballing I walked in, changed, showered, and imediately left to go get my hair done. That was actually really fun and the girl who did my hair was very easy and fun to talk to.

The night before the dance at about 11:00 P.M. I noticed I'd completely forgotten to get Jackson's boutineire ordered when a friend asked me what color and flower it was. Luckily I used to work with the girls at Jolley's so I just texted one of them and got that worked out. When I finished getting my hair done I went home, grabbed some money and picked up the boutineire. I raced home, painted my toenails, did my make up, got the roast packed up, and headed out to pick up the boys with Morgan, Tori, and Megan.

Dinner went perfectly as planned and was rather scrumpcious. I love my mom's pot roast-- and everyone else did as well!!

When we finished dinner we went to the actual dance but only got to dance to a total of maybe 10 songs. We had some confusion with some of our group being there and others not...it was..great fun. We spent most of our time at the dance either taking pictures or waiting in line to take pictures. LAME. About 15 minutes before we left the dance, I started feeling pains in my lower stomach. I felt like my insides were eating themselves. This isn't the first time this's happened, but seriously....did it have to happen at Junior Prom????? I needed to sit down so I quickly told Jackson to have fun and to keep dancing while I went to sit down because my stomach just hurt too badly to keep dancing. He insisted that he come sit with me. I felt bad for making him miss what little dancing time we actually got.

Everyone started getting ready to leave and my stomach still wasn't feeling any better. I tried drinking water and sitting/standing in different position s but I still felt like crap. When we walked outside Jackson stopped and asked if I wanted his jacket because all I had was a little scarf/shall thing that didn't do a very good job at keeping me warm. I accepted and he helped me keep my balance as I stumbled over to the car. I got in the car and my group all pitched in to help me feel as comfortable as possible. They even reclined the seat back for me and Josh and Jackson doubled in the front seat so I'd have room to lay down. At one point I just had to start laughing because I really felt like if anyone saw us in our situation they'd think I was having a baby because here I am like grunting and breathing heavy while jackson's in the front seat with his arm draped over the back of the seat holding my hand and saying "if you need to squeeze my hand you can squeeze as hard as you like and I promise it won't hurt me."

Anyway, after my pain went down thanks to some pain meds and coke from Josh, I started getting really dizzy. I literally couldn't walk without falling down. It was really weird because when this has happened before, I've always gotten dizzy but never to the point where I couldn't walk.....maybe it was just because I was wearing heels. Because of my dizziness, Jackson ended up carrying me to and from the car and numerous other places the rest of the night. I felt so bad. I really....I like...whatever. Josh carried Morgan around part of the time to so I didn't feel quite so stupid.

After we went to the gym we just went to Morgan's house and chilled until about 1:30. The rest of the couples played spoons, but again, Jackson insisted he sit out with me and let me use his lap as a pillow while I laid on the couch. About half way through the game, Morgan switched in as my pillow.

I felt so dumb and like I'd ruined everyone's night and am so greatful for the group I was with. It could've been so crapy, but with everyone trying to help me feel comfortable I still had an excellent time. Everyone made me laugh and I couldn't have asked for a better group. They put up with me while I was sick and were flexible when plans changed all because of me. Like I've said...I felt so stupid. But everyone kept reassuring me that it was a blast and not to worry about it. To top everthing off, I walked in from Stake Conference this morning and my dad handed me something he'd found on our porch earlier that day. It was a box of Toffee (my favorite thing in the entire world) with a note from Jackson. It again, reassured me that he had a fun time and he hoped I felt better.

A lot different than planned...but still an amazingly wonderful first formal!! :D

Peace out chubs!

4 comments:

Anthony said...

That WOULD happen... all I have to say about that. Glad it worked out in at least some form or another.

Anonymous said...

My Nat:

I am so glad you made lemonade from last night's lemons, and that your friends were so understanding.

Love you lots,

Dad

Anonymous said...

Nat--

So sorry you felt sick :( But I'm glad you had fun anyway and you'll probably remember "that one dance when you got sick" better than most of the other ones anyway!

Also, this is a little secret that you shouldn't ever tell anyone, but: most guys don't even like dancing, so I bet Jackson wasn't too bummed to be missing that particular thing... ;)

Becca said...

sad :( I blame the heels. It was all their fault.

I still have a scar from the heels I wore at my junior prom. They're lethal!!

I'm sorry, nat. :( love you.