Monday, August 1, 2011

Vocal Adventure

Once upon a time, I had lovely little vocal chords that looked similar to these. A nice grey color, soft, fleshy, and mobile in their vibrating capabilities.
Then, the turned in to something like the picture below. They developed calluses (called vocal nodules or nodes) that made my singing voice sound like... well. Just not good. Last summer, I remember asking my mom if I'd ever recover, and I told myself I never would. It was scary, singing is a passion that will always stay with me, and thinking about the possibility of never singing again scared me to death.
I'm happy to announce, that a year later, after vocal therapy sessions, speech therapy sessions, and weeks of complete vocal rest, my voice is back! Some say it's in better shape than it's ever been! As I've finally overcome my fear of never singing again, I'm starting to become more involved in performing around town, and with school groups.

Yay for healthy vocal chords!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are singing again, with all the pipes working!

Love to listen to you!

Dad